Commercial and industrial (C&I) facilities represent a huge untapped market for the solar industry. This includes schools, hospitals, shopping malls, factories, warehouses and many other types of commercial buildings. Rooftop solar (also called behind-the-meter solar) can reduce a facility owner’s power bill by 50 to 75%. So why doesn’t everyone have a solar power plant on their roof? Hopefully someday soon everyone will!
In this course, we will explore C&I solar from the perspective of the facility owner, the solar professional (installer, EPC, developer), and the AHJ (authority having jurisdiction).
We answer some of the key design and economic questions:
- What types of facilities are best suited to rooftop solar?
- What are the costs and benefits of going solar?
- Roof vs. ground mount considerations?
- How do available space, roof condition, the cost of power, and net metering rules factor in?
- How do you properly size a solar PV system to offset 100% of the building load?
- What are some equipment options in terms of modules, racking and inverters?
- What are the challenges and opportunities in key markets across the US?
- What role do incentives and legislation play?
- What are the fire safety and worker safety considerations?
We conclude with some case studies, including manufacturing and logistics, schools, healthcare and retail industries. Join us for this comprehensive course to effectively sell and install solar for C&I clients!
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll