This course is approved for IEEE 2.4 CEUs/ 24 PDHs as well as NABCEP CEUs.
Understanding utility distribution systems and utility requirements for Solar PV connections to the utility grid takes a special but essential knowledge base. The developer or engineer needs a working knowledge of:
- IEEE Standard 1547-2018
- Medium-Voltage Lines and Substation Equipment
- AC Overcurrent Protection
- Fuses, Reclosers, and Circuit Breakers
- Step-Up Transformer Winding Connections and Ratings
- Volt/VAr Control and Power Factor
- Differences Between Transmission and Distribution
- Unintentional Islanding
- Inverter Control Modes
- Hosting Capacity for Feeders and Substations
- Ground-Fault Over-voltage (GFOV)
- Effective Grounding and Grounding Transformers
Why Take This Course
This course provides solar PV and electric utility professionals an understanding of utility distribution systems, and the considerations in connecting utility-scale solar PV to distribution systems.
What You Get
This course has been designed so that you will:
- Get a thorough understanding of the considerations and criteria for successful interconnections of utility-scale solar PV to utility distribution
- Become conversant in the language and concepts of utility distribution systems, and have better conversations during solar PV project development and execution
- Become more valuable to your organization, and enhance your career progression in the connection of utility-scale solar PV to utility distribution
What You Can Expect
The course is technically-oriented and focused on electric power concepts, equipment, and applications. However, the material is presented from the “ground-up”, so that if you are a non-engineer or are new to utility-scale solar PV plants and utility distribution systems, you can progress easily through the content with little trouble.
Extensive use of graphics is used in the instructional videos, and you can download a copy of all class material for future use.
In this course, Tim Taylor, Owner of Electric Distribution Academy, brings his 30+ years of experience in utility distribution systems, utility-scale solar plants, and interconnection requirements to give students the background to succeed in the growing utility-scale solar PV industry.
Tim provides an extensive list of resources that you can use in the future for more in-depth conversations on key topics.
Tim is readily available through the class discussion board, and holds periodic office hours.
In preparation for this course students should take Tim's free course "Overview of Electric Distribution Systems"
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll