About this course
Microgrid Institute Director Michael Burr provides a comprehensive introduction to how community microgrids work, what problems they can solve, and how market trends are driving microgrid development. Michael focuses on three key factors affecting community microgrid development: regulatory issues, business models; and financing options.
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll
- Gain knowledge about how microgrids work and what needs they are designed to address.
- Learn how market factors are driving microgrid deployment and causing evolution in technologies and designs.
- Become familiar with key regulatory, business, and financing factors affecting microgrid development.
- Clarify understanding of how to consider and plan local resilient energy projects.
1 module • 4 assignments • 26 minutes of video lectures
Module 1 • 2 assignments
Resilient Community Microgrids: An Introduction
- Resilient Community Microgrids: An Introduction (26:09 minutes)
- Community Microgrid Control System (.png)
Michael BurrDirector, Microgrid Institute
Michael T. Burr is Founder and Director of Microgrid Institute, and Founding Partner of Microgrid Finance Group LLC. He leads collaborative initiatives to accelerate adoption of advanced energy technologies. He has produced more than 20 volumes of energy industry journals, and led numerous workshops and authoritative research studies. From 2007 through 2014 he served as... Learn more