Modern air-to-water heat pumps are an emerging renewable energy heat source. They can also provide cooling. When combined with a hydronic distribution system, these heat pumps provide unsurpassed year-round comfort. They can also serve ancillary loads such as domestic water heating and pool heating. The efficiency of modern “low ambient” air-to-water can approach that of geothermal heat pumps on a seasonal basis, and usually at an installed cost that’s less than half that associated with geothermal heat pumps. This course introduces the technology used in modern air-to-water heat pumps and shows how to build complete systems around them.
- To understand the benefits offered by modern air-to-water heat pump systems relative to other heat pump systems.
- To learn the technical details needed to successfully build heating and cooling systems around air-to-water heat pump systems.
- To explain the options and advantages of low temperature hydronic heating delivery systems when used with air-to-water heat pumps.
- To learn the advantages and available options for small scale chilled water cooling using air-to-water heat pumps.
- To see how air-to-water heat pumps can be combined with an auxiliary boiler to provide two stage heat delivery.
- To comprehend the operation of complete heating / cooling and domestic water heating systems that use air-to-water heat pumps.
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll