Course descriptionThis a bundle of 29 courses taught by :
- • Solar Power 101
- • Introduction to Solar PV Design, Installation and Code
- • Understanding Residential and Commercial Energy Storage
- • 5 Things You Should Know About Silicon PV Panels
- • Selling the Sun
- • Solar Career Pathways
- • Fundamentals: Solar PV
- • Investing in a Solar Project: Get Tax Benefits and Do Good
- • Competing for Solar Talent in 2023
- • Photovoltaic Systems and the 2014 National Electric Code (NEC)
- • Battery Capacity - The Basis of Storage
- • Inflation Reduction Act (IRA): energy storage & solar tax credits
- • Overview of Electric Distribution Systems
- • Beyond Zero Net Energy: PV + Storage
- • Qualifying Commercial Solar Leads & Projects
- • Energy Policy: Women in Solar
- • IronRidge’s Installing on Pitched Roof – Comp Shingle – Course
- • Utility-Scale Solar PV and Distribution Voltage Challenges
- • Unconventional Solar Applications
- • Resilient Community Microgrids: An Introduction
- • Introduction to Zero Net Energy Buildings
- • Commercial Photovoltaic Design - Integrating Commercial Scale Storage
- • Accurately Calculate the "Avoided Cost" of A Solar Project
- • Low Carbon Building
- • NEM Paired Storage: Why it Matters
- • Why Solar Plus Storage?
- • Solar Ready vs Solar Right
- • Future-proofing Solar PV savings with Energy Storage
- • The Kroska Case Study: Solar PV Systems with Storage
Welcome to the SOMAH Academy!
The SOMAH Workforce Development Team has curated a list of free courses to give you a broad overview of the solar industry. These courses equal around 41 hours, are self study, and are designed to be taken at your own pace. Once you complete all of the courses, you can apply to participate in a SOMAH paid job training opportunity.
Benefits of participating in a SOMAH paid job training opportunity include:
Hands-on training to complement courses and previous work experience
Gain experience in different parts of the installation process (PV installation, project design/engineering, PV commissioning and maintenance)
Access to career development resources and events
Add multifamily, and residential project to your resume
Potential on-the-job interview
When you are ready to start applying, you’ll need to sign up for the Job Training Portal by completing the Job Trainee Intake Form. Once you have set up your account you will be able to browse job training opportunities and upload your resume for contractors to view.
If you have any questions, please contact the Workforce Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-913-9402.
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll