This course will provide a detailed analysis of Commercial and Industrial Utility Grade Energy Storage Systems. Beginning with an overview of the current available technologies the course will present the elements of Commercial and Industrial Energy Storage (C&IES) with a focus on the benefits to Commercial and Industrial energy users as well as the advantages of energy storage for Utilities.
Issues to be covered include: Storage system design, battery applications, component specification and installation, integration of storage with Renewable Energy (RE) systems, multiple presentations of specific manufacturers of storage systems, O&M issues, available industry resources for ongoing education and the development of individual projects as a Capstone to the course.
Participants in this course will upon completion of this course, be able to:
- Define & explain how Commercial and Industrial Energy Storage (C&IES) operates and the benefits of these systems.
- Describe and identify components of a C&IES system
- Identify the best application and limitations of each system type
- Calculate C&IES system costs
- Describe financial benefits of C&IES systems
- Correctly size a C&IES system
- Recommend a C&IES system type to meet a business owner’s or Utility administrators goals
- Provide clients with equipment and vendor information
- Identify and describe different C&IES system types, their storage capabilities and their recommended uses
- Identify and describe the additional System components for integrating Renewable Energy (RE) Systems into C&IES systems
- Explain and safety issues with C&IES system
- Define commissioning, operation and maintenance procedures for C&IES systems
- Demonstrate proper safety procedures when installing a C&IES systems
- Size and design a C&IES system to satisfy consumer demands, site specifics, and the NEC
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll