About this course
This training includes a lecture (plus slides) and an interactive tool to assess the current status of your company’s marketing program, branding and graphic elements, website and online assets, customer knowledge and profiles, and resources including team, budget, and outside assistance.
An increasingly competitive solar marketplace.
A recent EnergySage survey highlighted growing competition in the solar marketplace, “most (56 percent) installers facing off against at least 15 competitors.” According to the survey, “the majority of solar installers report their shoppers saw two to three quotes before making a purchase decision, signaling the rise of the increasingly savvy solar shopper.” This lecture is the initial step to determining the condition of your current marketing program assets to create a basis for competitive strength.
This course is part 1 of Identity3's 6-part "Build it Bright! Crafting Your Solar Marketing" Program. This training series was made possible by Energy Trust of Oregon, an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to helping utility customers invest in and benefit from energy efficiency and clean, renewable power.
Disclaimer: While the program was designed to address key marketing fundamentals relevant to marketing challenges experienced by most solar installers, not all the material presented will be applicable to every solar installer's marketing program.
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll
- Understand what you deem successful about your past year’s and/or current marketing program
- Identify the factors contributing to the success or failure you are currently experiencing
- Identify factors and assets upon which you can build to create more success in the coming year(s)
- Identify challenges you need to address to shore up your marketing initiatives
- Take inventory of marketing assets and their potential impact to prioritize your resources for maximum marketing effectiveness
- Create the foundation for the next "Build it Bright" marketing session, “Mapping Strategy”
1 module • 6 assignments • 49 minutes of video lectures
Module 1 • 4 assignments
Watch the Lecture, Download Slides + An Interactive Tool
Watch "Taking Stock: Assessing The Condition of Your Marketing Foundation" and access additional resources.
- Lecture (49:42 minutes)
- Lecture Slides (.pdf)
- Interactive Tool (.pdf)
- Enroll in Session 2
Glenna WisemanOrigis Services
Glenna Wiseman is a solar industry marketing veteran who brings the installer’s point of view to marketing communications. Her solar marketing expertise dates from 2007. For five of those years, she led the marketing initiatives for a California based solar installation firm. Glenna has worked to build integration companies for more than 10 years, resulting in a... Learn more