Learn advanced techniques and strategies for designing and installing biomass heating systems with industry legend John Siegenthaler. This comprehensive, ten-week online course is designed for engineers, installers, designers, and professionals looking to take their skills to the next level. Developed in partnership with the Biomass Thermal Energy Council (BTEC), this is a unique opportunity learn directly from an industry expert and earn 23 AIA learning units and 11.5 BPI CEUs.
During the course, you will learn:
- How to design the most efficient biomass heating systems, including wood gasification, pellet-fueled, and wood chip boiler systems
- Specific control techniques that allow the operating characteristics of a boiler to match the load profile of a building
- Building blocks for modern systems, including high efficiency circulators, distribution efficiency, air & dirt separation, hydraulic separation, auxiliary boiler integration, expansion tanks, and more
- Residential design example applications, including a combisystem using a wood gasification boiler, auxiliary boiler, unpressurized storage, and floor heating
- Commercial/Municipal design example applications, including a multiple pellet-fired boiler system with low temperature convectors.
- How to confidently design a quote system for installation of biomass heating systems, and more…