About this course
Use cases discussed include back up and resiliency, self-consumption, tariff optimization and a comparison of grid vs load defection. This short lecture broadly covers the range of topics that are driving the energy storage market place.
Instructor Wes Kennedy’s experience with battery systems dates back to 1996. Since then he’s helped design and develop innovative projects using advanced energy storage and power conditioning equipment.
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll
- Why batteries: the case for battery energy storage systems
- Battery energy storage system use cases in residential and commercial
- Technologies needed to make the grid of the future into reality
- Advantages of grid connected solar plus storage systems over grid defection
1 module • 3 assignments • 1:00 hours of video lectures
Module 1 • 1 assignments
How Storage Paves the Way for the Grid of the Future
- How Storage Paves the Way for the Grid of the Future (01:00:59 hours)
Wes KennedyPrincipal, WeSolar plus
Wes has focused his career on design and application engineering in the solar PV plus energy storage deployment sector, currently with Dynapower Corporation. He managed sales engineering with Fronius inverters and was the senior application engineer for Blue Planet Energy's C&I sector and SMA America’s Hybrid Energy Solutions group. In these positions, project scope... Learn more