In this course we review all new and developing solar energy (thermal and PV) technologies to date. We analyze the potential of each technology from technical and marketing point of view, and discuss the related logistics, political, regulatory, legal, safety, insurance, financial, and investment issues and factors affecting their implementation in the world’s energy markets.
The goals are to:
- Review the new and developing solar technologies
- Prioritize the different technologies in terms of feasibility for future use
- Analyze the key issues and factors affecting each solar technology,
- Review 21st century solar power plants' life cycle and related issues,
- Estimate the marketing potential of each new technology