Zone Pressure Diagnostics (ZPD) is one of the most powerful tools available for building analysis.
The free calculation aid from Residential Energy Dynamics (RED) is the most accurate and easy to use ZPD tool available. This course addresses the ZPD basics to the advanced features. Learn about non-modifiable and modifiable zone analysis, the use of your digital manometer for ZPD testing, and the meaning of your results.
This course includes the latest ZPD methods and includes the most significant articles written about this building science technique. The two-part video presentation, narrated by the instructor, addresses all the ZPD principles and details, including the use of the RED ZPD tool.
• List reasons for performing ZPD in the field, both modifiable and non-modifiable analysis
• List the tools needed to perform ZPD
• Explain how to conduct a modifiable ZPD test to an attic, attached garage, or basement
• Discuss the results of modifiable zone analysis, including flow at CFM50 and area of leakage in each pressure boundary
• Understand ZPD targets used by weatherization programs
• Describe how additional attic venting can increase the whole-house CFM50 value
• Calculate the effective area of attic venting using ZPD, not your tape measure
• Identify when the pressure and thermal boundaries in a house are aligned
• Know the disadvantages of non-modifiable zone analysis
• Determine when air sealing work has been effective
• Understand how to use ZPD for Quality Control Inspections
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll