Are you considering installing or commissioning a wind-electric system? Learn the basics of residential small wind-electric system components and configurations.
Join wind expert Ian Woofenden for an introductory overview of the basic wind-electric components and their functions, and information to guide your thinking as you consider residential wind.
What will be covered?
• Wind Turbines: the pros and cons of different designs
• Towers: basics choices and rationale
• Transmission: wire choices
• Balance of Systems: charge controllers, inverters, etc.
• Storage: do you need it?
• Energy Use: your electrical “load”
• On-grid & off-grid systems
• AC & DC systems
• Size & Impact of Systems
Enroll and access Ian's lecture, a video tour of a functioning, residential wind-electric system, and articles on wind generator anatomy, towers and tower tools.
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll