To learn complete academic-level theory of solar energy, PV modules/systems, charge controllers, inverters and batteries
To practice and solve 35 applied technical questions (with all theory and calculations explained)
To strengthen knowledge on a sound professional basis, and add considerable value to the knowledge
To learn in hours from zero to perfection
Help prepare for industry certifications (if planning in future)
This course shall take your knowledge and understanding to a level which shall be sufficient to understand all theory behind the photovoltaics. This will cover various topics related to solar energy, PV cells and arrays including sun, solar system, solar radiation, solar energy, PV modules, PV arrays/systems, charge controllers, inverters and batteries, which are necessary to grasp the professional understanding prior to start learning and practicing in the detailed designing and installing of solar PV systems.
Additionally, this course shall help the learner to go through some of common PV-related questions and learn how to calculate and solve the problems. All theory is explained with calculations and reasoning. These questions will certainly enhance the confidence of the learner.
Efforts have been made that all such topics and questions are covered and comprehensive learning takes pace in couple of hours through theory and calculations.
Solar PV and associated science of sun, solar radiation and solar energy
- The sun, solar radiation and solar light, extraterrestrial solar radiation and solar constant, terrestrial solar radiation and air mass, peak sun value and hours, solar irradiance and irradiation, solar radiation data and maps, measuring solar radiation and sunshine, earth orbit and rotation, solar time and equation of time graph, sun path charts and solar window, photovoltaic module azimuth and tilt angles, solar and magnetic declination, power and energy basic electrical equations
Working of solar PV cells, modules and arrays
- Atom, semiconductors and band-gap, silicon element structure and doping, photovoltaic effect and solar cell working principle, structure, materials and fabrication of solar cell, current-voltage-power curves of solar PV modules, temperature coefficient and calculating voltages, efficiency and fill factor
Module series and parallel connections, bypass diodes, PV labels, test conditions, PV international standards, system resistance, calculating minimum and maximum array voltage as per NEC, calculating minimum and maximum array current as per NEC
- Charge controller functions, types of charge controllers, voltage settings of charge controllers, selection parameters, installation of a charge controller
- Introduction, AC, DC and quality of power, switching, power conditioning and control, types of solar inverters, earthing & grounding, selection parameters of inverter
- Introduction to batteries, characteristics and parameters of a battery, battery of batteries, calculating battery bank size, selection parameters of a battery, operation and installation of a battery, battery standards
35 applied technical questions with all theory and solutions explained
Who is this Course For:
- Beginners, engineers, technicians or others who are interested to learn and understand solar PV science and technology on sound and professional footings
- Engineers, technicians or professionals who are already in this field, and quickly want to refresh their knowledge on sound basis
- Those who may decide in future to go for industry certifications
Ready To Sign Up Today? Click Here to Enroll